Temporary solution for notification issue

Everything about IM+ for Windows Mobile - known issues, support questions, bug reports

Temporary solution for notification issue

Postby juniecho » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 am

A while ago I posted a long report about notification problem - the biggest problem for me was that when I have IM+ on screen, and let the phone go into standby mode I am not notified of new messages because the focus is still on IM+.
This bothered me for quite a long time because I could not be aware of new incoming messages when I do something else and the phone goes standby because of inactivity.

I upgraded to IM+ 8.0.1 today but the issue is not fixed yet, so found somewhat temporary solution; use autolock. Set the autolock so that when your phone goes into standby let it automatically lock itself. The lock screen will steal focus from IM+, so it will produce notification for newly received messages.

The drawback of this workaround is that when you're running some applications that prevents the device from sleeping it will not work. A good example would be a music player application, like WMP or HTC music manager, which always sets the device active (even if you force set standby by pressing power button it will not sleep, rather it will just turn off the screen only). No standby, no autolock, so IM+ will still have focus and will not produce notification.

While I find this temporary workaround somewhat useful, I still think this notification issue should be improved from IM+ side.
juniecho

Re: Temporary solution for notification issue

Postby Maria » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:57 pm

I've got a question which might seem unrelated to notifications, but it actually is.
What connection are you using? Are you connecting using wi-fi?
Maria
ShapeServices Support Team
http://www.shapeservices.com
Maria

Postby juniecho » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 am

No, I'm connecting via 3G.

Also about wifi... if you're mentioning about wifi droping connection on standby (standard WM behavior), I've already applied a tweak that force keep wifi connection active so if I connect via wifi it will receive messages (and I confirmed it).
juniecho

Postby Maria » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Can you please send us logs then?

Please make sure that "Create the log file" option is enabled under IM+ "Settings" / "Other", leave device to receive messages without notification and then send us a support request from IM+ "Info" / "Support request".
Maria
ShapeServices Support Team
http://www.shapeservices.com
Maria

Return to IM+ for Windows Mobile Pocket PC & Smartphones