Yahoo Login Issues

Everything about IM+ for Windows Mobile - known issues, support questions, bug reports

Yahoo Login Issues

Postby navyaircrewman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:53 pm

I know that Yahoo is constantly changing their security settings and as a result IM+ releases updates (THANK YOU). Just curious if anyone else is having issues logging in today? I'm able to get into Gtalk just fine. Yahoo is just being the problem child.
navyaircrewman

Re: Yahoo Login Issues

Postby Victoria » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:03 pm

We will check this.

Would you please send us a log from IM+?
Please follow these steps:
1. In IM+ please go to Main\Settings\Other and enable "Create a log file" option.
2. Try to reproduce the situation.
3. Exit the application.
4. Find the <implus.log> file on your device in Application Data\IMPLus folder and send it to us in attachment.
Victoria Slinyavchook
Head of QA and Customer Care
SHAPE Services
http://www.shapeservices.com
Victoria

Postby sexontheflag » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:07 pm

I rarely use Yahoo IM, but I tested my account just now and I connected fine. Sometimes I occasionally have trouble with Yahoo IM, but I'm thinking it's my connection instead of IM+ since it usually comes back after awhile. Not very helpful, but it is working for me. :]
sexontheflag

Postby Victoria » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

navyaircrewman wrote:I know that Yahoo is constantly changing their security settings and as a result IM+ releases updates (THANK YOU). Just curious if anyone else is having issues logging in today? I'm able to get into Gtalk just fine. Yahoo is just being the problem child.

It seems that your Yahoo! account is suspended.
That happens when someone tries to login into your account without knowing your password.
After trying for more than 20 times, your account will lock up for upto 2 days.
Victoria Slinyavchook
SHAPE Services
Victoria

Postby navyaircrewman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:24 pm

It seems that your Yahoo! account is suspended.
That happens when someone tries to login into your account without knowing your password.
After trying for more than 20 times, your account will lock up for upto 2 days.

I don't think that is it. I am able to log into my yahoo account via the web. Was able to go in and change my password even.
navyaircrewman

Postby Victoria » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:33 pm

I will check this with our developers and let you know.
Victoria Slinyavchook
SHAPE Services
Victoria

Postby Victoria » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:42 am

navyaircrewman, have you tried to login from Yahoo! messenger on desktop computer?
Victoria Slinyavchook
SHAPE Services
Victoria

Postby navyaircrewman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Victoria wrote:navyaircrewman, have you tried to login from Yahoo! messenger on desktop computer?

Sure have and had no problems at all.

This morning I've noticed a new thing...the yahoo icon blinks when its trying to log in...and periodically I'll get an IM (offline) from one of my yahoo connections. Its as if its connecting but then is bouncing off. Its definitely not my account. I've been able to connect to YIM using a different IM client called Fring. Thinking that maybe it was a corrupted software issue, I even reinstalled it. No change and still not able to log in. :sad:
navyaircrewman

Postby Victoria » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:26 pm

Thank you for information, we will continue investigation.
Victoria Slinyavchook
SHAPE Services
Victoria

Postby EmberWings » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:33 am

navyaircrewman wrote:I know that Yahoo is constantly changing their security settings and as a result IM+ releases updates (THANK YOU). Just curious if anyone else is having issues logging in today? I'm able to get into Gtalk just fine. Yahoo is just being the problem child.

I AM ALSO HAVEING PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO ANY OF MY 8 YAHOO SCREEN NAMES I HAVE IT KEEPS SAYING INVALLIDE USER NAME AND OR PASSWORD... I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I WAS NOT TYPING SOMETHING WRONG SO I LOGGED IN TO IT ON MY DESKTOP FIRST YIM AND IT SIGNED ON FINE THEN I TRYED MY EMAILS AND IT ALSO WORKED FINE... IVE TRIED MY WIFI ON MY PHONE AND ALSO MY GPRS/EDGE NETWORK AND BOTH WAS NO GOOD... PLZ HELLP :(...

PS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I NEED TOC BUY A NEW KEYBOARD LOL THE CAPS LOCK IS STUCK...
EmberWings

Next

Return to IM+ for Windows Mobile Pocket PC & Smartphones