Yahoo Login Issues

Everything about IM+ for Windows Mobile - known issues, support questions, bug reports

Re: Yahoo Login Issues

Postby Maria » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Description looks like Yahoo! is changing something on their end. Not necessarily they roll back to previous protocol.
We unfortunately can not confirm as to why this happened as we are not getting updates from Yahoo! regarding any maintenance or changes they perform.
Maria
ShapeServices Support Team
http://www.shapeservices.com
Maria

Postby scannerbob » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Hello again,
It happened once again. When I logged into IM+ this morning the first time, No Yahoo (as usual) and for some reason unable to connect to Myspace IM as well. (That's actually been going on all week now.. NO Myspace IM at all. It just tries to connect constantly) But my phone froze, so I reset it, which I usually do several times a day also, and when I logged into IM+ the second time today, YAHOO is working again.. As I type this I am on Yahoo right now with ver 5.46 for WM2003. Not sure how this has happened, but it seems to be a repeat of what happened a few weeks ago when I had a day of connectivity with Yahoo, then nothing the next day. We'll see if it stays connected all day or freezes on me requiring a reset.

ScannerBob
scannerbob

Postby scannerbob » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Yup, it was as I figured.. During lunch my battery died and I had to restart my phone when I got back to work. Upon trying to login to IM+ again, Yahoo is once again failing authorization. So I was able to use it only this morning, and I did have several conversations, so I know it was functioning as it should. I would really like to know what is causing the intermittentness of this. Is it my hardware/software setup, or is it something at Yahoo's end?

ScannerBob
scannerbob

Postby Maria » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Unfortunately we are not able to confirm or decline any changes in behaviour of older versions of IM+ regarding Yahoo! connectivity, as the version for Windows Mobile 2003 is no longer being checked and/or updated.
Maria
ShapeServices Support Team
http://www.shapeservices.com
Maria

Previous

Return to IM+ for Windows Mobile Pocket PC & Smartphones